Contract Law Essays
The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Contract Law Essays
- Dispute Resolution Issues in the Construction IndustryPublished: Wed, 07 Aug 2019Extract: Due to the complex nature of the construction industry, the majority of construction contracts will include various clauses to regain any cost that is incurred due to the faults of another party .
- Issue of Promissory Estoppel in the Doctrine of ConsiderationPublished: Mon, 05 Aug 2019Extract: In this essay I will discuss how the doctrine of consideration is too firmly fixed to be conquered by promissory estoppel.
- Is Contract Law Suitable for the Digital Economy?Published: Mon, 05 Aug 2019Extract: The value of the digital economy is growing in millions of network nodes; it indicates that the benefits generated by the network will increase exponentially as the number of network users’ increase.
- Has the Supreme Court Expanded the Definition of Consideration?Published: Mon, 05 Aug 2019Extract: It is evident that there is an appetite to create good law, there is a respectful reluctance to overturn the established principles.
- New Engineering Contract (NEC) and Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT)Published: Mon, 05 Aug 2019Extract: Using plain language, it inspires good management and limit disputes between contractor and employer by introducing compensation events to promote risk prevention over blame delegation.
- Contract Termination for Minor BreachPublished: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: Where a term is classified as a condition, any rupture of the term, paying little mind to the results, gives the honest party a privilege to end the agreement.
- Contract Law Problem Question: Competition for Free Gym MembershipPublished: Thu, 06 Jun 2019Extract: As discussed above Paul accepted the offer by Fitness For All by performing the duties stated in the advertisement.
- Problems with the Offer and Acceptance ModelPublished: Wed, 17 Apr 2019Extract: This is essay will set out to explain the current law on the rules of offer and acceptance within contract law.
- Features of a Valid ContractPublished: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: Law of contracts During post-war 1945 till today consumers were identified as an important interest group due to their negotiating power and courts, therefore, felt the need to protect consumer’s interest through clauses or particular exclusions from the “small print” found in contracts. A case example was this was applied was in The Suisse Atlantique […]
- Rules of Agreement in Online CommunicationPublished: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: This essay will first analyse the long-standing rules of an agreement before evaluating the problems faced when applying them.
- Contracts for Sale of Goods in English Law: Comparison to UNPublished: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: The essay will evaluate and analyse, on a balance which law has superiority in international states of affairs.
- Principle of ‘Good Faith’ in Contract NegotiationsPublished: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: This essay will discuss the disposition of English law towards the principle of good faith and if the existence of the principle of good faith is vital.
- Doctrine of Promissory Estoppel IssuesPublished: Thu, 28 Feb 2019Extract: This essay will evaluate the statement “The doctrine of promissory estoppel prevents (estops) a claimant from going back on a promise and has been described as a ‘shield and not a sword’.”
- Law of Contract: Offer and AcceptancePublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Legal recognition of an agreement is given where a contract can be said to have been established between the parties to an agreement.
- UK Contract Law and Consumer LegislationPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Contract Law in the UK is legislated through the Sale and Supply of Goods Act (HMSO 1994), which provides for protection of the seller and the buyer.
- Mistake is Mainly Error in ConsentPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: CHAPTER-III MISTAKE 3.1 Definition of Mistake: Mistake is called by Sir John Salmond ‘error in consensu’ or ‘It is an erroneous belief …
- Tort of Negligence Between Defendant and PlaintiffPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: A recent study (Redmond, Stevens & Shears, 1990, p. 250&251) found that negligence defined as a defendant who breach of the duty of cares that …
- The Principle of Williams v RoffeyPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: In this essay it will be discussed whether the principle in Williams v Roffey  2 WLR 1153 should be extend to cover the situation …
- The Legal Rules of Offer and AcceptancePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: With reference to the legal rules relating to offer and acceptance of a contract, advise the club whether it can claim the joining fee.
- Methods of Discharging From a ContractPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Discharge of a contract refers to the way in which it comes to an end. Contracts can come to an end in the following ways: Each one of these method…
- Obligations will be BreachedPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: As long as obligations exist in our everyday lives, it is reasonable to assume that these obligations –whether they arise out of contract …
- The Creation of a Legally Binding ContractPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The most important issue on this scenario is based around contract law. The current situation of Julie…
- The Notion of MistakePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: In the law of contract, the notion of mistake is arguably the most uncertain and difficult area. While it might appear that if one has concluded a contract by mistake,
- Manner in Which a Contract Is InterpretedPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The manner in which a contract is interpreted has always been a contentious issue. It is broadly accepted that the technique for …
- Whether Display of Goods Constitutes an OfferPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Introduction According to the principle established in the Boots case, and the statement of Jill Poole ,which is distinguished from the point …